Nonetheless, because we do HAVE this occasion, I thought I'd give y'all (I'm not Southern but I ADORE that term) a roundup of some awesome Foodie-Inspired gifts that I, personally, would love to receive. Click "Read On" below to continue...
What are some of your favourite tools or gadgets for the kitchen? I LOVE the Vitamix - truly a godsend. When I set a table I like to present each guest with their own set of salt and pepper shakers - here's a nice set that isn't too expensive and you can always check your local thrift shops for some bargains and beauties!
| || || || |
I confess: I am ONE OF THEM. I want the cool, the vintage mason cars and the fabulous vegetable peelers and awesome can openers. That's me. I don't need the flowers. Keep the Flowers. I'd rather have the seeds.......
Instead of ignoring the event and then running around and rushing to get (overpriced) flowers and a (probably stupid, because you bought it at the last minute) gift, why not consider some of these suggestions for The Foodie Mom:
* The BEST thing you could ever give me is something you've made yourself!
* Mortar and Pestle - You don't need to lug out the food processor for small batch mash and grind - the old schoold tools sometimes are the best
* How about some weird or expensive canned goods or spices?... I can't afford caviar or saffron but love both, just saying....
* Salt dishes are now all the range, as we are moving away from regular iodized table salt to more exotic varieties
* Have a look at this list from Mashable on Last Minute Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Wanna go high end?
* A Vitamix Blender - this appliance is touted as being close to God. It takes, apparently, ALL the available nutrients from the contents to provide the penultimate health benefits
* A Pasta Maker - Why Not? I don't have all the shapes and sizes readily available. How cool to just be able to MAKE the pasta from Pantry Ingredients
* Salt and Pepper Robots from Hammacher Schlemmer - yes you read that right... robots... makes passing salt and pepper around the table an interesting affair